5 Essential Things about Ritalin Only Few Will Tell!
This medication being a stimulant drug from the methylphenidate is widely prescribed for ADHD. It has similar working as Adderall. This medication works on boosting the activity of certain chemicals in the brain. Before you buy Ritalin online get to know some facts.
1. When Ritalin is snorted, injected, or consumed in high quantities, it will have a similar effect as amphetamines or cocaine. It can also be addictive and harmful to health.
2. Kibbles and Bits, Skippy, and Kiddy cocaine, Vitamin r, and Pineapple and Smarties, oh no! We aren’t speaking gibberish. They are just street names for Ritalin. So next time someone asks you for these, say no!
3. In the UK, Ritalin is a Class B controlled substance, and if you use it without prescription, you may be subject to a five-year sentence or unlimited fine.
4. People who use this medication for a long time can suffer from Tourette’s syndrome.
5. Ritalin is a Schedule II class medication in the US due to its high potential for misuse, abuse, and addictiveness.
What are the available forms on Ritalin?
Ritalin is available in two versions: Oral Tablets and Transdermal Patches that you can apply to your skin. You can apply the transdermal patch on the skin directly; however, do not use the patch for a long time, leave it, or apply more. Besides, this medication is available in two forms.
1. Short-Acting Tablets
2. Long-Acting Capsules
Short-acting tablets start to work immediately after consumption, but the effect does not last for a long time. Meanwhile, long-lasting capsules take time to work after consuming, but the effects last for a more extended period.
What are the side effects of Ritalin?
Ritalin can cause side effects that can be serious. We have mentioned a few signs that require immediate medical attention.
1. Chest pain,
2. Difficulty in breathing,
5. Conduct problems,
9. Pain or numbness in the toes and fingers,
10. Mysterious Wounds,
11. Changes in skin color. It can be the pale, red, or blue appearance in your skin and
12. A penis erection that is aching or can take 4 hours or longer
It has some common side effects that usually go away in a few hours or after consuming it.
1. Unnecessary sweating,
2. Mood swings,
3. Feeling anxious or short-tempered,
4. Sleeping disorder (insomnia),
5. Rapidly heart rate,
6. Beating heart beats or trembling in your chest,
7. High blood pressure,
8. Lack of appetite,
9. Weight loss,
10. Dry mouth,
12. Abdominal pain and
How long does Ritalin take to work?
It takes Ritalin about 20 to 30 minutes after consuming it to work. The Short-acting version usually lasts for three to five hours. Meanwhile, the intermediate-release may last up to three to eight hours. Moreover, the long-acting version stays somewhere around eight hours.
Ritalin: The First-Ever Medicine Introduced for ADHD
When a person thinks about treat ADHD, the most common neurodevelopment disorder, they think of Ritalin. Why may you be wondering? The simple reason is that it was among the first-ever treatments introduced to treat Attention deficit hyperactive disorder back in the 1950s. But how do Ritalin works?
This is a medicine that has chemical compounds as methylphenidate. Ritalin works as a central nervous system of the brain. It influences the working of dopamine and norepinephrine in your brain and calms the extra activity. Moreover, dopamine is responsible for the feeling of pleasure and attention span. Meanwhile, norepinephrine is a stimulant. However, it is a very effective drug for ADHD. Besides, you can also you this to treat the sleeping disorder like narcolepsy.
It is essential to know that ADHD cannot be cured, but we can control the symptoms and provide a patient with new normality. People often associate the bad things about ADHD with Ritalin, which is not correct as this medication has proven to be a boon for many patients.
Who should not take Ritalin?
Ritalin has a track record of being a perfect medicine; however, it can lead to severe damage if people with this condition consume it.
- Sensitivity to Ritalin
- Apparent anxiety, tautness, and agitation
- Motorized spasms, Tourette’s syndrome, or someone in your family has a history of Tourette’s syndrome
How does Ritalin look like?
Ritalin looks like a little yellow or white-colored pill. The 5 mg strength tablet is small in size across 6 mm. However, the larger dosage tablets are more prominent in comparison. The taste of this medication is bitter, as people have described. Moreover, this medicine is only available in oral tablet form because the maker thought if they introduced a liquid state, people would abuse it.
What is the dosage of Ritalin?
The dosage for Ritalin depends on its variant of the tablet. Please talk to your doctor about the right dosage and strength.
For Ritalin Tablets, you can take 20 mg to 30 mg in the oral form twice to thrice times a day in adults. It is usually taken a right after waking up or before meals on an empty stomach. For pediatric patients who are over six years old typically start with a dosage of 5 mg. However, the doctor may increase the dosage weekly. Nonetheless, you must not exceed the dosage by more than 60 mg.
For Ritalin SR tablets, the effects take at least 8 hours to work on your body. You should consume this medication every 8 hours of interval. You can get buy Ritalin online at reasonable price.
Frequently asked questions
- Are Ritalin and Adderall the same?
No, Ritalin and Adderall are not the same. Although their functions are similar but they differ in ingredients. Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Whereas, on the other hand, Ritalin has Methylphenidate.
- What is the best time to have it?
You can have it during the day time. But make sure not to have it during the night. It can cause some serious trouble and later on you may not get an appropriate result. Therefore, please consume it during the day time.
- Is it okay to consume it with a flavoured drink?
No, you are not allowed to have it with a flavoured drink. If you do it then the reactions can be worse. So you should have it only with a glass of water. Remember that it is an appropriate thing to do. Never have it with any flavoured drink.
- Are you allowed to snort Ritalin?
No, you are not allowed to snort Ritalin because it gives dangerous reactions. Just have it with a glass of water. Snorting is like getting addicted to drugs. So never ever snort Ritalin. This thing is also applicable for Adderall.