Ketamine: Important Things That No One Will Tell You
When you hear the names K, Special K, Super K, Kitkat, Ket, Horse Tranquilliser, or Horse Trank, you might listen to the clubs’ stories, the guy from shady blocks others. But what exactly is this K? Ketamine is the chemical name for the highly misused medicine, abused medicine. Even medical personnel reported having misused this medication.
What is Ketamine?
Ketamine is injection anesthesia that blocks the sensory nervous system. The brand name is Ketalar, and this medication is available only with a prescription. They also approved this medication in 2019 for depression, but only if they were suicidal. They also use it as surgical anesthesia on animals, however, with caution from veterinaries. It is a scheduled III drug in the USA and is highly controlled under the DEA.
What is the dosage for Ketamine?
The dosage depends on many factors, how you are consuming it, for what purpose, and what is your age. However, we have categorized it briefly for you.
- The dosage for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections is 75 mg to 125 mg.
- For Insufflation: Intranasal and snorting the dosage is 60 mg to 250 mg.
- The dosage for intravenously the dosage is 50 mg to 100 mg.
- For oral use, the dosage is 200 mg to 300 mg.
How does Ketamine make you feel?
This medication effect depends on a lot of factors. It may vary because of age, weight, size, health, how long you have been taking it, and its amount.
We have discussed the following effects that people generally describe:
- Euphoric, happiness and relaxed
- People fall into a k-hole means getting isolated from their body
- Feeling of hallucinations
- Misunderstanding and Clumsiness
- Rapid heart rate and blood pressure
- They have slurred speech and blurred vision
- Some people reporter feeling anxious, panic and violence
- Low rate of sensitivity to pain.
What are the side effects of Ketamine?
The common side effects include:
- Dreamy Feelings
- Blurred or double vision,
- Shivering muscle movements,
- Lack of appetite
- Sleeping disorders (insomnia).
- Severe confusion,
- Scarce thoughts
- Feeling extreme fear
If these signs continue to persist for more than 24 hours, then seek emergency help as soon as possible.
What is the dosage of Ketamine?
- This medication is only used under the strict guidance of physicians or doctors. The dosage may vary depending on the ranges:
- The treatment begins with Ketamine managed intravenously (IV) series from 1mg/kg to 4.5mg/kg.
- The average ratio that needs to generate five to ten minutes of surgical anesthesia is 2mg/kg.
- The starting dose to treat the intramuscularly series from 6.5 to 13 mg/kg.
- The dose of 10mg/kg is usually taken to generate 12 to 25 minutes of surgical anesthesia.
Frequently asked questions
- Do you think that Ketamine is the best injection?
Without any doubt, the answer to this question is yes. Ketamine is the best injection for anaesthesia. After injecting it in your body you can go to an anaesthetic state and relieve yourself.
- Is it a doctor’s recommended medicine?
The answer to this question is yes it is a doctor’s recommended medicine. Doctors not only recommend it but also say that it is the best. Therefore, you can try it and see how well it reacts inside your body.
- Does it cost a lot?
No, it does not cost too much. It is available at a better price and the generic form is available at a lower rate. People often have this thought that it is costly. But there is no such thing like that if you want you can check out the price.
- Did it get a green signal from the FDA?
Yes, the FDA has already given a green signal to this medicine. This indicates that you can trust this medicine. But that does not mean that you can depend on it. If you depend on it then it can be worse.
- What is the consequence of overdosing it?
The consequences can be dangerous and with this you can easily fall into trouble. So all you need is to take the dose within a certain limit. It will be appropriate for you and later on you can save yourself from any side effects.
- Do people use it?
Obviously, people take this injection and get the right advantage. After taking it they mention some of their best feedback about it. If you still think that it is not the right medicine then you can see the feedbacks before buying it.