Clonazepam: The Anti-Epileptic Drug Everyone Need to Know About
This anti-epileptic medicine is a benzodiazepine that can treat certain seizure disorders in adults and kids. Clonazepam works by enhancing the functioning of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Further, you can also treat panic disorders with or without agoraphobia using this medicine. Additionally, this medicine can help you treat Short-term anxiety. You can Buy Clonazepam Online at reasonable price.
The brand name for Clonazepam is Klonopin. Moreover, the generic version comes at a reasonable price than the brand version; that’s why many people buy Clonazepam online.
What is clonazepam dosage?
Dosage for Clonazepam varies from patient to patient.
The dosage in adults for seizures at first is 1.5 mg daily in a divided dosage of three. Further, your doctor may increase the dosage by cloanzepam 0.5 mg to 1 mg per day for three days until your seizures are in control or the side effects stop occurring. However, the maximum dosage is 20 mg for a day. Additionally, the usual dosage to treat panic disorders is 0.25 mg two times each day. Moreover, your doctor may increase the dosage to 1 mg daily after three days.
What are the side effects of Clonazepam?
Some common side effects contain:
- Lack of orientation,
- Sleep trouble
- Loss of inhibition
- Alternation in sexual desire
What are the severe side effects of Clonazepam?
Some severe side effects of Clonazepam comprise of:
- Respiratory misery
- Inflamed liver
What are Clonazepam interactions?
The drug interaction can cause severe effects on your body. Further, you should discuss with your doctor if you are consuming medicines, for example, opioid pain killers or codeine, hydrocodone. Also, alcohol, marijuana, drugs for sleep or anxiety, for example, alprazolam, Lorazepam, and Zolpidem. Additionally, muscle relaxants, for instance, carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine, or antihistamines, for example, cetirizine, diphenhydramine can also interact with Clonazepam.
What is the available strength of Clonazepam?
- In Tablets forms the strength available are 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg;
- In Disintegrating Oral tablets strength available are 0.125 mg, 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg,
and 2 mg.
What are the Withdrawal symptoms if stopped suddenly?
The withdrawal symptoms are:
- Rapid heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Blood Infections
What are some precautions with Clonazepam?
- If you are allergic to diazepam or Lorazepam, then avoid consuming this medication.
- Also, do not consume Clonazepam if you have glaucoma or liver disorder.
- Further, never drink alcohol while on treatment with this medicine.
- It can also be habit-forming, so follow your doctor’s recommendation only.
- Moreover, seek immediate help from the doctor if the side effects continue to persist.
- If you have suicidal thoughts, further self-harming behavior or your signs of depression are worsening, contact your doctor.
- Additionally, do not share your medication with anyone.
- You are advised not to consume Clonazepam while breastfeeding or pregnancy as it may harm the infant.
Frequently asked questions
- When should you avoid using this medicine?
Coincidentally if you have any allergy then you have to avoid it. You cannot consume it because it causes trouble. In the case of allergy even a doctor also says not to have it.
- What is the right time to have it?
The right time to have it is during the day. You can have it during the day, not at night. People often think that it is a vague statement but later on they understand the importance of it.
- Can it interact with the other medicines?
Yes, it interacts with the other benzodiazepines. But it is better that you have it alone because no one knows what reaction it can cause. So have it alone only.
- Is it possible to consume by crushing and dissolving inside the water?
No, you need to have it full with a glass of water. If you do it then you will be getting the appropriate result. So never crush this tablet.
- Can Clonazepam treat insomnia?
No, Clonazepam is only responsible for making you free from anxiety and any disorders of panic. Besides these things they do not treat you from any other disorders.
- Is it similar to Xanax?
The functions and drug category are the same. But their manufacturing company and place of origin is totally different. So it would be wrong to say that both Xanax and Clonazepam are same.